Monday, March 14, 2011

Arrogance - One of Satans Major Steals

Satan stole the idea of arrogance from the LORD. He never came up with it. The thing drives people to beat their chest because they are so sure of who they are and what they have was never thought up by him. In fact, he's initial sin was that he confused who he was and what he had that he drove himself to ideas of greatness and rule that were false and had absolutely less than a fraction of hope for materializing (Ezekiel 28), so we can't possibly attribute the forming of a  fearlessness and assurance that is unwavering and stable and would cause people to stamp their authority to a being that is confused as Satan.


The original arrogance is the exact same substance that caused a teenage David to run at a 2.7m tall Goliath, that caused a frail, depleting Paul to stand before rulers, or an old Abraham to leave his homeland. In the natural it's called believing. Or faith. Hebrews 11 explains "faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

The word assurance has more components to it in the English than we give it credit for. Google defines it simply as "freedom from doubt." That's why I personally can't stand pastors of mega churches who go on Larry King and say "well, only God judges the heart, we can't know for sure.." Of course we can know for sure!! Which Bible are you reading?!! By asking a person a simple question, according to Romans 10:9, I can know for sure!


I'm past believing. I KNOW that Jesus is God's only provision for sin. I KNOW that I have an audience with God the Father through all Jesus is.I KNOW that I have eternal life!! I have Kissed the Son, so I've ducked God's wrath (Psalms 2:12). Maybe I should back up a little. I KNOW that God exists! I don't have to prove it anybody! I am SURE!! And I ain't gonna apologize for it! Go ahead. Call me arrogant.

We can't be double-minded about Who and What God is. James 1:6-8. For Jesus to use us we have to be arrogant in Him. When dealing with all religions, which are, according to Biblical language, pagans, we ought to not apologize for claiming that ONLY Jesus will get you heaven. The word "apologetics" does not mean to apologize, it means to defend the faith (Greek "Apologio").  Friends, it only comes down to one thing: Do you believe in what Jesus did for You? With all your mind? Then be arrogant about it.

3 comments:

  1. good post. you already know my thoughts since i've posted them on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoho !!! MACHINE! You are such a sweet talker; very smooth with words and very very systematic.. i like how you progressively prove your point "WE ARE TO BE ARROGANT FOR JESUS" - Quit being modest and shy. Jesus was way arrogant here on earth but never sinned; so aarogance is not a sin... never do we read, the arrogant will be punished or have fallen... All in all as I read I'm reminded of 1 John 5:11-13, it's one of my all time favorites to prove that I am going to heaven. verse 13 says ... "I write to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may KNOW you have eternal life." - Great article man and very encouraging and Challenging at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both you guys.. just to clear up some thing, the whole idea behind this arrogance is not to have a "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude when dealing with believers, but it is to not be compromising. When it comes to us being questioned, especially about the exclusivity of the Gospel message, we need to be arrogant enough to affirm it and say yes, truly, only with Jesus can you attain salvation. Not like this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPeYUXuuRUM

    ReplyDelete